Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ross full-time catcher?

Hey gang,
I'm going to try to start posting more. I haven't had much time lately. The Reds seem to be back to their winning ways. Arroyo didn't have his best outing the other night but hey, you can't win them all. I was pleasantly surprised to see Ross catching Ramirez today. Is this a sign that he is our regular starting catcher now? I believe his performance this year deems him worthy of a starting roll. I have been calling for this for some time now. It was nice to have Valentin catching Ramirez due to their language barrier and now knowing what we were going to get from Ross, but now, Ramirez doesn't need a personal catcher. Go with the hot bat. Now we just need to fix this roster by getting some relief help and getting rid of LaRue and McCracken.

Anthony Gressick made his Reds debut in Billings last night. Keep an eye on this guy. I think he will be very good. Also, Logan Parker, who I mentioned was a good choice back on draft day is tearing it up in Billings so far. Stubbs is doing pretty well also.

On a totally unrelated note, my Mavs got robbed!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Tim said...

In regards to the bullpen, the old arms of Weathers, Hammond, and Mercker have to go. If there are no pending free agents available at the break they may have to make a trade. Larue is definitely on the trading block, Hatterburg has no value but I would consider trading Lopez for a closer or potential closer. I believe Olmedo will be a good shortstop or second baseman. You have to give up something of value to get a solid relief pitcher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home