Wednesday, July 19, 2006

All ye naysayers

Take a look at this list.

Antonio Alfonseca, Joe Borowski, Chad Bradford, Doug Brocail, Jim Brower,
Rheal Cormier, Vic Darensbourg, Octavio Dotel, Joey Eischen, Ala Embree,
Keith Foulke, Ryan Franklin, Aaron Fultz, Eric Gagne, Jeremi Gonzalez,
Jason Grimsley, Eddie Guardado, Chris Hammond, LaTroy Hawkins,
Dustin Hermanson, Roberto Hernandez, Mike Holtz, Kevin Jarvis, Steve Karsay,
Byung-Hyun Kim, Ray King, Steve Kline, Dan Kolb, Matt Mantei, Tom Martin,
Brian Meadows, Kent Mercker, Jose Mesa, Trever Miller, Guillermo Mota,
Terry Mulholland, Jeff Nelson, Darren Oliver, Troy Percival, Cliff Politte,
Mike Remlinger, Dennys Reyes, Arthur Rhodes, David Riske, Felix Rodriguez,
J.C. Romero, Julio Santana, Scott Sauerback, Scott Schoeneweis, Rudy Seanez,
Justin Speier, Russ Springer, Mike Stanton, Tanyon Sturtze, Mike Timlin,
Ron Villone, Jamie Walker, David Weathers, Rick White, Bob Wickman,
Esteban Yan

This is next years free agent class for relief pitchers. Anay names on there same very interesting or likely for the Reds. Most of the are retreds or will be out of our price range. Guardado, Mercker and Weathers are on this list also. I am hoping Guardado gets resigned but I'm not to sure about the other 2. I think they have almost outlasted their usefulness. As far as the above list goes, I like Franklin as a long reliever but I think he will be priced off of our team. I have always like Mota and Romero. I think Romero could replace Mercker. Other than that I don't think there is much out there to pick from. I don't know what everyone wanted Krivsky to do. The only way we were going to improve our bullpen was by making a trade or bringing someone up. I think if we had been out of contention, Krivsky would have brought someone up and not made this trade. I think this trade, of course, was made for this year. I have always heard that the year you win picks you and I would have to agree with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home